Privately Owned Homes For Rent

Curated Results for Privately Owned Homes For Rent

Privately Owned Homes for Rent

Median value of the house is $184,700, for those who own a home.

The United States has a total population of 325,719,178 and 63.60% of the population own their home. 36.40% of the occupied housing units are renters within the the United States metro area. The median gross rent from 2014 - 2016 was $949. Today, the rental rate is $981. Residents tend to be more long term with 85.20% staying in their residence for more than 1 year. For those who own a home, the median value of the house is $184,700. There are approximately 137M housing units within the US. Of which, there are an estimated 12M privately owned homes for rent. 

In the United State 63.60% of the population own their home. 

Demographics of the US

The total population under the age of 18 is 28.70%. While those over 65 is 15.60%. Women make up 50.80%, while men make up the remaining 49.20%. 76.60% of the population is White, 18.10% is Latino and 13.40% African American.

Education and Economy

12.30% of the population in the United States is considered to be at the poverty level.

The education level is rather high with 87.00% with a high school degree or higher. The median annual household salary for the United States is $55,322 with 53.73% of all businesses within the city being owned by men, while 35.76% are owned by women and 28.79% of businesses are minority owned.

Maybe you are looking for something else in United States?

Personalize your Rentbits experience by filtering the results


United States See All

1 Bedroom

United States See All

2 Bedroom

United States See All

Pet Friendly

United States See All


United States See All

Find A Place You’ll Love.

Search hundreds of thousands of apartments, condos and houses for rent.

Find rentals in...

Chicago rentals


Thriving cultural and business metropolis of Illinois.

Houston rentals


Strong economy makes this city a choice for many.

LA rentals

Los Angeles

Beaches and a vibrant city life - find your home in LA.