Simi Valley has a total population of 126,878 and 72.40% of the population own their home. 27.60% of the occupied housing units are renters within the Simi Valley metro area. The median gross rent from 2014 - 2016 was $1,765 . Today, the rental rate has risen 0.45% from 2016. Residents tend to be more long term with 90.70% staying in their residence for more than 1 year. For those who own a home, the median value of the house is $472,700 .
Rental Rates in Simi Valley and Rental Prices
Residents tend to be more long term with 90.70% staying in their residence for more than 1 year
The rental rate has risen 0.45% from 2016
Rental Rates in Simi Valley
The average rental rate for all rental properties within Simi Valley is $1,773 . The rental rates by bedrooms is as follows. A studio is $1,214 , a one bedroom is $1,562 , a two bedroom is $1,900 , and for three bedrooms, the rental rate is $2,343 . The average sq ft for a rental unit is 832 sq. ft. With 3 bedrooms being about on average 1,149 sq. ft
Simi Valley Data - Demographics
The total population under the age of 18 is 28.30% . While those over 65 is 13.30% . Women make up 51.20% , while men make up the remaining 48.80% . 79.50% of the population is White, 25.10% is Latino and 1.30% African American.
Education and Economy
6.00% of the population in Simi Valley is considered to be at the poverty level. The education level is rather high with 91.00% with a high school degree or higher. The median annual household salary for Simi Valley is $91,196 with 51.42% of all businesses within the city being owned by men, while 34.20% are owned by women and 31.27% of businesses are minority owned.