TechCrunch is the most popular start-up blog on earth. A simple mention of your product or service can increase your traffic dramatically over night. Recently, rentBits was mentioned in TechCrunch and since the post, our traffic is up over 25%.
A question I have been asked is, “how did you get written up in TechCrunch.” Below are 5 tips to help your start-up get mentioned.
- Develop a great product or service
- Why is your product different?
- What problem does it solve?
- Tell a Story
- Provide a frame of reference
- i.e The Zillow For Rentals
- Get their attention
- The editors of TechCrunch receive many emails a day. They should know exacly what your service or product does by reading the first two sentences of your email.
- Help them get to know you
- Add your company to CrunchBase
- Got technology news? Send them tips with a link to your blog post. We got two links to our blog from this and this post.
- Don’t use PR superlative “fluff”
- Stay away from terms like, “best”, “fastest”, “most”, etc. Also stay away from words like “revolutionary”, “web 2.0″, “leading”, “disruptive”