While most rental listing websites, rentBits.com included, give the option for pet-friendly listings, they are not exclusively dedicated to pet-friendly rentals and other housing information. Today we are providing a list of pet-expert sources that can facilitate the process of finding a home and moving into it.
- Provides pet-friendly apartment listings which can be filtered by state, city, and price. Each listing also details the size and type of animal they allow.
- This website also gives the option of registering a listing. As a landlord, if you own a building that is pet-friendly, then marketing it as such will help reach another market of consumers.
- One service that sets this site apart from others is their “Find A Roommate” forum. This provides a common source for finding a “pet-friendly” roommate.
- Has a database of pet-friendly home and apartment listings. This website works with Apartments.com to filter out the pet-friendly options only.
- Not all pet-friendly housing is completely pet-friendly. Some housing allows cats and not dogs. Others allow small dogs but not large ones. On this site renters can select the type of pet they need accommodating for. The options are cats, small dogs (under 25lbs), or large dogs.
According to a consumer survey recently published by rentBits, 60% of the 1,000 participants found pet-friendly housing to be important when searching for a rental. The number comes as no surprise when you consider the number of families today that own pets or plan on owning a pet. With that being said, it is important to have a general knowledge of how to handle the obstacles that come with owning a pet. These websites go above and beyond to accommodate the everyday pet-lover.